Monday, October 15, 2012

Talent

  Hey guys, there has been an increase of views in the USA, :) Thanks a lot! It's great knowing there is someone who supports and appreciates what you are doing. If you want any requests, or just comments, please don't hesitate to email me at hopeforthestargazers@gmail.com Also, there is also a continued view number in HK. Thanks xD! So follow, for updates every couple (or so) days, and comment or leave a "like".

  *Also, if you're up for the challenge, join the stargazers! Just email me, and we could blog together. I really want a partner!

  Anyhoo, before I get too wrapped up in gaining the favor of you guys (Even though it would be really awesome to finally get an email/comment)...

  This post on talent is not similar at all to the "gift" post I made. Sure, they are synonyms, but similar doesn't mean same. They both mean something we don't deserve, and they are both given to us by God, and both are things we should never take for granted. But one is something we use, and one we accept.

  So last winter I was put in some sort of gifted program. I felt like IQ and gifted was a way to judge, and so I felt like it was pointless. Being talented is something you cannot control, and I feel like just because of that, we have no right to brag of it. And so, I turn my head, and today I am faced with a fistful of flyers waving in my face: ENROLL IN  MIDDLE SCHOOL TALENT SHOW! Ah, the sheer IRONY. Society tells us the perfect idea of a human, the barbie face and perfect hair, as I said in my post "beauty". But I want to ask everyone out there, what is perfect to you? Perfect has a different meaning to all of us. Everyone's definition of perfect something is different. So with everything being perfect to someone, nothing is. :)

  Talent is not something to flaunt, like your body, because no talented person is perfect to anyone, because to achieve perfection is morally impossible. If everyone is equal in human nature, nobody is talented, because we all are. I'm talented (apparently) at writing, how about you? Don't tell me nothing, because I have said that before, and I was wrong. I never knew I was going to come out on literature either, until I was at the point of breaking. The legend of Aang said: In the lowest of your lows, comes the greatest change. That was when I found out I had a relationship with words, even when it has been hidden, it was there, but it was just dusty, and overlooked. Until I was bent over in sorrow, I never really realized it's presence, nor have I dusted it off. But when I did, I found it gleaming, shouting out to me as my own talent. I think the posters for the talent show should simply say we are all talented in our own unique way, don't you think? To show it off... maybe a little prideful.  I guess being humble is something we should all possess, and telling the world that you have something of value in you is kind of expected, nothing really special, for we all know we are all special. 

  Sometimes, when we are given a talent, we are meant to not just keep it for ourselves. We are meant to do good with it, not only for ourselves but for the world. Talent shows are meant to show off the things you are capable of, but not necessarily willing to share. What we do, we should do in the name of god for him and for others. Are you willing to sacrifice your all, including your talent all for them? Because if you think being talented means you are the very best, there is a hundred thousand out there better than you. You will never be the best, but you can do your best to honor others, and I guess that's reward enough. After all... Is that not what talent is given to us for?


Please email me at hopeforthestargazers@gmail.com, comment and share. 
Till next time, 
Victoria Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! :) All comments are appreciated.